Monday, December 6, 2010

Not Make Believe

Not Make Believe Demo (2000)



The fact that this song never made an album breaks my heart.  It is such a great song that I once again believe is written for her ex-lover Lindsey Buckingham.   Although this song was written for her Trouble in Shangri-la album in 2000, the emotions towards her ex lover are still ever so present within this song.  The proof is in the lyrics of this song. 

A little background:

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975.  Before they joined, they were struggling musicians who recorded music together.  Their musical relationship then evolved into a romantic one and the rest is history (literally).  They "broke up" during the making of their Rumours album.  It may only be speculation on my part, but I believe that they have been "on again, off again" for years afterwards.  This song illustrates my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment